RAIN 10-30 inches now to 10 JAN snow 2500 to 6000 feet

edited January 3 in General Discussion

Biggest rain / snow event in 10 years
California will surpass "normal rainfall this week"
Dams should fill by 15 JAN ... with lots of flooding , rock slides
AND OF COURSE LOTS OF SNOW ABOVE 7000 feet

Comments

• Bring it on. It's about time. I just hope everything doesn't wash away in all of the fire areas and starved vegetation areas.

• You know 2-3 weekends ago it rained 7 plus inches in 8 hours to 10000 feet. Washed the 2 feet base we had away and the Kern filled to the brim.

I think the temps will allow snow to stay above 7000 feet

I'm more concerned about getting the SHERMAN road plowing contract approved by the SAN BERNANDINO NFS

• Any word on grooming for Sherman this year? Is the yellow legged frog fiasco over with?

• Bob Frenes NFS indicated everything was in order for this season for grooming. I'll try to call him and get an update for the meeting on Wednesday.

Thanks,
    Roy

• Thanks Roy.

• edited January 3

I know we can groom BUT did the "new 2 yr" contract get approved to maintain/plow Sherman Pass Road?

• Heading should be 10 Jan not 10DEC

• I updated that for you Don.

Forum admin | 2006 Arctic Cat M7 153"

• Another 2 feet plus estimated Sierra range 8000 feet just north of Truckee American river INCREASING to 3 plus feet Mammoth KINGS Canyon to 4 feet in TULARE / KERN County area !

Mammoth to TRUCKEE/SUSANVILLE seems have most TOTAL accumulation by Friday

specifically Olympic valley

TIOGA PASS TO KINGS CANYON

IMHO would ride FRIDAY SATURDAY 6-7 BECAUSE IT IS SUPPOSE TO rain ON sunday 8 jan 1-3 INCHES RAIN UP TO 8500 FEET THEN A DAY CLEARING AND MORE SNOW NEXT WEEK

• Hello i'm new to the club but have been riding with the guys at Sugarloaf for a while now I was wondering what is the best way to Sherman pass 395 to Kennedy Meadow ?

• Hey Bill,best way to Sherman is 178 past Kernvill if possible, if you come in from 395 it's a long way to the peak.I'm gonadotropin try to go this Saturday, contact me if you're going.